TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Course Terms And Conditions
1. A non-refundable deposit of the amount stated in the course description is required at the time of booking and must be sent with the completed booking form. It will only be refunded upon cancellation by Carl Bullock, or upon his discretion. However there is a grace period of 14 days from time of booking in which a booking may be cancelled and the deposit refunded.
2. Any cancellation by the client must be made in writing or by email. Refunds are subject to finding a replacement participant. In the case of cancellations being made greater than 2 months before the course start date a 50% refund of the full sum is guaranteed.
3. Carl Bullock accepts no responsibility or liability for clients who are unable to attend due to (but not limited to) illness, transport issues, family emergencies or other extenuating circumstances. Such eventualities are the responsibility of the client. It is advised that appropriate insurance is sought to cover these scenarios.
4. Receipt of a deposit does not imply acceptance of a booking. Carl Bullock will confirm acceptance of booking or otherwise refund the deposit in full.
5. Carl Bullock reserves the right to cancel any workshop. Cancellations will be subject to a full refund of the workshop fee. Cancellation will only occur due to under booking, adverse weather and/or illness when a suitable replacement mountain leader cannot be sought.
6. Under booking is the situation in which the minimum number of bookings required to run a course is not met, and if Carl Bullock has to cancel a course because of under booking he will not do so less than 30 days prior to the course start date. In the event of adverse weather every effort will be made to re-schedule the course for a date suitable to all participants or a full refund given.
7. In the event of Carl Bullock being unable to attend due to illness or other circumstances beyond his control another workshop leader will be appointed. If this is not possible, the workshop will be cancelled and the provisions of clause 6 will come into effect.
8. Mountain courses are highly susceptible to weather and other factors. For this reason the outline itinerary and the workshop description must be taken as an indication of what may take place on the workshop, and not as a contractual obligation on the part of Carl Bullock.
9. Carl Bullock accepts responsibility for acts and omissions of its employees (whilst acting in the role of their employment) Carl Bullock does not accept liability or responsibility for death, bodily harm, injury or illness caused to any clients during a course with Carl Bullock unless arising from the negligent act and/or omission of the company’s employees (whilst acting in the course of their employment). Any claims shall be subject to English Law in respect of any question of liability or quantum, and all proceedings shall be within the exclusive domain of the English Courts.
10. Carl Bullock does not accept liability for any loss or additional expense caused by the delay or interruption to travel services through weather conditions, civil disturbance, industrial action, strikes, wars, floods or sickness. Such losses or additional expenses are the responsibility of the passenger.
11. Mountaineering activities have a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these courses should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions during attendance on courses. Personal accident insurance is recommended for undertaking any of the courses. It is a term of the contract between us that you will obtain the appropriate insurance cover before you set out on the course. The insurance must cover the loss, expenses and damages arising from, including but not limited to, the cancellation of the course (whether whole or in part), personal accident and injury, medical, loss of baggage and personal money, and belongings.
12. By signing the booking form you are agreeing to accept all of the above conditions. The person who signs the booking form does so on behalf of all the individuals included on it, so that all are bound by the booking conditions.